Garden Route Wolf Sanctuary
Wolf Sanctuary Located Between Plettenberg and Knysna
The Garden Route Wolf Sanctuary, located between Plettenberg and Knysna, offers a fun-filled outing for the whole family. The diverse collection of wildlife and farmyard animals will fascinate both children and adults alike!
Plettenberg Bay Tourism Attractions
At this popular tourism attraction near Plettenberg Bay you can make eye-contact with a wolf and begin to understand the awesome nature of this magnificent animal. Marvel at the unique coat pattern of the African Wild Dog. Appreciate the incredible intelligence of the Black Backed jackal. Interact with the farmyard animals and discover animal affection!
Visit The Wolf Sanctuary in the Garden Route
The Garden Route Wolf Sanctuary has 20 grey wolves, specifically Canadian Timber Wolves. They live in two separate enclosures and have formed family packs. Visit this Garden Route Sanctuary and take your time to view all the animals. There are no guided tours and no time limit, spend the day if you like! Comprehensive information boards are available at all carnivore camps.
- The ideal venue for children’s parties and special occasions.
- Light meals and refreshments available.
- Wheelchair/Senior Citizen friendly – all areas easily accessible, level terrain.
- Picnic areas/tables available.
- School groups are welcomed.
Open 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Winter: 8am – 5pm (feeding of wolves 4.30 – 5pm)
- Summer: 8am – 6pm (feeding of wolves 5.30 – 6pm)
Please enquire at reception as to whether it is a feeding day or not, as the wolves are not fed every day.