Mineral spring on the Route 62
Warmwaterberg Spa is a hot mineral spring situated between Barrydale and Ladismith on the Route 62 from Cape Town to Oudtshoorn. Here at the Warmwaterberg Spa we offer you country hospitality at a slow pace, tranquillity, wide open spaces and steaming hot water to restore body, mind and soul.
Warmwaterberg Spa near Barrydale offers self catering accommodation in old farm house buildings dating back to the 19th century and timber chalets. Camping sites and some parked caravans are also available. The kiosk is stocked with basic provisions and the bottle store stocks local wines. The Lapa has a restaurant offering country fare and a bar. There are three
outdoor pools, two hot and one cold. The temperature in the pools varies from 25 to 42 degrees C. For those who would like to explore the vast outdoors, there is a hiking trail on the property as well as drives to nearby mountains and town.
Warmwaterberg Spa Accommodation
The accommodation at Warmwaterberg Spa consists of the following:
- Historic Sanatorium – This Victorian style building is a self-catering house, consisting of 5 units, each with its own kitchenette and non en-suite but private Roman Bath. Units can accommodate from 2 to 4 persons.
- Timber Chalets – One-, two- or three bedroom timber chalets each with kitchen/ living area and covered veranda all have private braai areas.
- Historic Bath House & Studio bath Houses – The original building dates back to 1886. The Historic Bath House offers 2 units each with 2 bedrooms, a large bath in the kitchen with fire place and another bath in the bedroom. The Studio units offers a king size bed , sleeper couch and luxury bath.
- Camping – The caravan park is on level grassed sites with power points and braai facilities. Permanently set up caravans can also be rented. The ablution block has two sunken Roman baths, showers, wash basins and toilets. There is also dish washing and laundry washing basins.
- Amenities: Hot & cold outdoor pools, Restaurant, Cocktail Bar, Kiosk, Conference facilities, Hiking Trails on the property, Secure parking. Horse, pony & carriage rides. All you need is your own swimming towel.